Your privacy is important to us. It is The Blacklight Group's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you via our app, Penny Bank, and its associated services.
1. Information we collect Log data When you access our servers via Penny Bank, we may automatically log the standard usage data provided by your device. This data may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your device type and version, your activity within the app, time and date, and other details. Additionally, when you encounter certain errors while using the app, we automatically collect data about the error and the circumstances surrounding its occurrence. This data may include technical details about your device, what you were trying to do when the error happened, and other technical information that may have contributed to the problem. Device data Our app may also access and collect data via your device's in-built tools, such as: Your identityNotificationsBackground data refreshMobile data What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and the permissions you grant when you install and use the app. Personal information We may ask for personal information, such as your: NameEmailDate of birthPhone/mobile number Business data Business data refers to data that accumulates over the normal course of operation on our platform. This may include transaction records, stored files, user profiles, analytics data and other metrics, as well as other types of information, created or generated, as users interact with our services.
2. Legal bases for processing We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so. These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where: it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us); it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests; you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation. Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place). We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Collection and use of information We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes: for technical assessment, including to operate and improve our app, associated applications and associated social media platforms;to provide you with our app and platform's core features;to contact and communicate with you;for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our app, associated applications and associated social media platforms;for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; andto comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties We may disclose personal information to: third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators.
5. International transfers of personal information The personal information we collect is stored and processed in United States, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties. We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means. Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
8. Business transfers If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
9. Limits of our policy Our app may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.